I am a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at QUT Centre for Data Science, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia. I submitted my PhD thesis for examination and I have also worked as a Sessional Academic in the School of Maths at QUT. I love both Teaching and Research. I like to do research on broader field of Statistics and Data Science and would love to learn new things and work on newer applications.
The poster below summaries about me:
I am working under the Social Systems Domain of QUT Centre for Data Science. For details, please see: https://bit.ly/3svWJuO
- Bayesian Statistical Modelling
- Spatial Modelling using Bayesian Empirical Likelihood
- Bayesian hierarchical models
- Modelling of data from Disease maps or atlases
- Analysis of cancer incidence data
- Big Data Analysis
- Models for Repeated Measures Data
- Generalized Linear Models
I submitted my PhD thesis for examination on January 15,2021. I completed my graduation (Bachelor of Science) on 2011 and Post graduation (Master of Science by Research) on 2013 in Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy, UK. PR172030-HEA0334528
- Completed Teaching Advantage training SECURED 2019Certificate of Completion – Teaching Advantage (23)
- Working as a Sessional Academic in School of Mathematical Sciences, QUT ( 25 February 2019- October 25, 2020).
- Worked as a mentor for QUT-FutureLearn online Big data courses (July- December, 2018)
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Applied Statistics, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.( September 29, 2016 to August 5, 2017)
- Worked as a Lecturer at the Department of Applied Statistics, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.( September 5, 2013 to September 28, 2016 )
- Worked as the Principal Researcher from Bangladesh (Part-time) on a project titled,”Water Scarcity in Bangladesh: Dynamics of Conflicts and Cooperation” by Peace Research Institute, Oslo (January 2012 to January 2013)
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other profiles:
For more details (Publications, conference presentations etc.), please visit any of the profiles below:
9 thoughts on “Farzana Jahan”
Pingback: Report: Bayes on the Beach 13-15 November 2017 | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: Conference Report: Bayes on the Beach 2017 | Bayes on the Beach 2017
Pingback: New Brag Chairs for 2019: Em and Ishara! | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: BRAG members celebrating International Women in Science Day 2019 | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: BRAG: Women in Maths Spotlight | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: Congratulations to Farzana: Awarded a SSA QLD scholarship to attend YSC2019 | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: Brag Meeting 7th May 2020 | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: No data, no problem. New stats method able to tackle health questions by using disease maps and atlases | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Pingback: PhD Final Seminar – Farzana Jahan: 30th November 2020 | Bayesian Research & Applications Group
Comments are closed.