I am a PhD Candidate in Statistics at the School of Mathematical Sciences, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia. I am also working as a Sessional Academic in the School of Maths here at QUT. I love both Teaching and Research. I am happy to be where I am now, I get to do Stat research, get to teach students about the wonderful discipline, Statistics.
The poster below summaries about me:
I am currently working under the supervision of Distinguished Professor Kerrie Mengersen in the “Bayesian Approaches to Modelling and Analysis of Big Data” project. My PhD project involves looking at spatial data using semiparamteric Bayesian approaches. I also work with Bayesian meta-analysis approach to model publicly available online data from disease atlases.
- Bayesian Statistical Modelling
- Spatial Modelling using Bayesian Empirical Likelihood
- Bayesian hierarchical models
- Modelling of data from Disease maps or atlases
- Analysis of cancer incidence data
- Big Data Analysis
- Models for Repeated Measures Data
- Generalized Linear Models
I completed my graduation (Bachelor of Science) on 2011 and Post graduation (Master of Science by Research) on 2013 in Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy, UK. PR172030-HEA0334528
- Completed Teaching Advantage training SECURED 2019Certificate of Completion – Teaching Advantage (23)
- Working as a Sessional Academic in School of Mathematical Sciences, QUT ( 25 February 2019- till Present)
- Worked as a mentor for QUT-FutureLearn online Big data courses (July- December, 2018)
- Worked as a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Applied Statistics, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.( September 29, 2016 to August 5, 2017)
- Worked as a Lecturer at the Department of Applied Statistics, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.( September 5, 2013 to September 28, 2016 )
- Worked as the Principal Researcher from Bangladesh (Part-time) on a project titled,”Water Scarcity in Bangladesh: Dynamics of Conflicts and Cooperation” by Peace Research Institute, Oslo (January 2012 to January 2013)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Links to other profiles:
For more details (Publications, conference presentations etc.), please visit any of the profiles below: