- Master of Science in Statistics, Sepuluh November Institute of Technology, Indonesia. (Thesis: Diagnostics Check of Residuals in Nonparametric Regression)
- Bachelor of Education in Mathematics Education, State University of Makassar, Indonesia. (Final Project: The effect of Attitude towards Test Type against Mathematics Mastering for Students of SMA Negeri 3 Makassar)
- Spatial and Spatio-temporal
- Survival Analysis
- Time Series Analysis
Title: Bayesian Spatio-temporal modeling of small areas: Dengue fever in Makassar Indonesia
The overall aim of my research is to develop Bayesian models that reveal spatial and spatio-temporal trends in disease for regions with a small number of areas, with a focus on understanding dengue fever in Makassar Indonesia.
I am a permanent lecturer at Department of Mathematics and Statistics, State University of Makassar, Indonesia (2003-date); secretary at Data Analysis Unit of Mathematics Department State University of Makassar (2011-2013), consultant at data analysis unit of Mathematics Department State University of Makassar (2009-2013).
Peer-reviewed journal article
- Aswi, A; Cramb, S; Moraga, P and Mengersen, K. Bayesian spatial and spatio-temporal approaches to modelling dengue fever: a systematic review. Epidemiology and Infection, 2019, Vol. 147.
- A.Aswi, Mengersen Kl, Cramb SM, Moraga P. Spatio-temporal modelling of dengue fever in Makassar using Bayesian methods. ACEMS Retreat 2016. 2-4 November 2016, University of Technology Sydney, SW. (Oral presentation: Three Minutes talk). URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etk_D41T–o.
- Evaluating the impact of small number of areas on spatial estimation. The Young Statistician Conference (YSC). 26 September 2017 – 27 September 2017. Twin Towns, Coolangatta, Queensland, Australia. (Oral presentation). URL http://ysc2017.com.au/program.html#wednesday
- Bayesian spatio-temporal estimation of dengue fever: when areas are few. Bayes on the Beach 2017”. 13th– 15th November 2017. Mantra Legends Hotel, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (poster presentation). URL https://botb2017.wordpress.com/program-presentations/
- ACEMS Retreat 2017. 30 October 2017 – 3 November 2017. Mantra Legends Hotel, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (participant).
- Bayesian spatial estimation when areas are few. The international Biometric Society Australasian Region conference, 26-30th November 2017. Mantra on Salt Beach, Kingscliff, New South Wales, Australia. (Oral presentation). URL http://www.biometrics.org.au/conferences/Kingscliff2017website/biometric2017.org/timetable/event/bayesian-spatial-estimation-when-areas-are-few/index.html
- Comparison of different Bayesian spatio-temporal models using R packages. UseR! Conference. 10-13 July 2018. Brisbane, Australia. (Lightening poster presentation). URL https://user2018.r-project.org/poster/
- Comparing spatio-temporal models using CARBayes: An Application to dengue fever in Makassar, Indonesia. The joint international society for clinical Biostatistics and Australian Statistical Conference 2018. 26-30 August 2018. Melbourne, Australia. (oral presentation). URL https://iscbasc2018.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/ISCB-ASC-2018-Detailed-Program-23082018-2.pdf
- Temporal modelling of dengue fever: A comprehensive literature review. 3rd International Conference on Mathematics, Sciences, Technology, Education and their application (ICSMTEA) in Conjunction with 1st International Symposium on Green Materials & Technology (ISGMT). Universitas Negeri Makassar (UNM). 29-30 September 2018. Makassar, Indonesia. (Oral presentation). URL http://icmstea.unm.ac.id/
- Bayesian spatio-temporal models using R-INLA. “VARIANSI” conference 2018. Statistics Study Program. Universitas Negeri Makassar (UNM). 10 October 2018. Makassar, Indonesia. (Oral presentation).
- Bayesian spatio-temporal models using R-INLA. ACEMS Retreat 2018. 28 October 2018-2 November 2018, Torquay, Melbourne, Victoria (Oral presentation). URL https://acems.org.au/events/acems-2018-retreat
- The impact of covariates on the grouping structure of a Bayesian spatio-temporal localised model. Australasian Applied Statistics Conference 2018. 3-7 December 2018, New Zealand. (oral presentation). URL https://cpb-ap-se2.wpmucdn.com/blogs.auckland.ac.nz/dist/1/411/files/2018/06/AbstractBooklet-25r6mf0.pdf
- 22 November 2018: Time Series Analysis of Dengue Incidence
- 1 March 2018: Comparing spatio-temporal models using CARBayes: An application to dengue fever in Makassar, Indonesia
- 20 July 2017: The impact of small number of areas on spatial models: A simulation study
- 02 February 2017: Different Bayesian spatial and spatio-temporal approaches in modelling dengue fever
- Winner of one of four student places at UseR2018! competition, SSA(Statistical Society of Australia) Qld branch for the essay, “Why I would like to represent the Society at the conference”.
- Winner of the SSA-QLD student travel funding to present at the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics and Australian Statistical Conference 2018.
Awards and achievements
- Award as the best student presentation at Australasian Applied Statistics Conference (AASC). 3-7 December 2018, Rotorua, New Zealand.