When: Thursday 20th August 2015, 13:00-14:00.
Included in meeting:
We are currently having mini-tutorials which are each destined to become educational videos.
In this week’s episode, Nick Tierney will be talking about RMarkdown:
From zero to Markdown in 15 minutes
“In this 15 minute talk, Nick discusses how to create reproducible reports using knitr and RMarkdown. In this video Nick discusses:
- What Markdown is, and what RMarkdown is,
- How to use RMarkdown with a basic text editor,
- The benefits of using knitr with the RStudio IDE,
- How to convert RMarkdown documents into HTML, PDF, and Microsoft Word
- Tips and Tricks of RMarkdown
- Using inline commands
- Setting global options for document rendering
- Other uses for RMarkdown”